October 22, 2014

Many Moons Later

Did you have a nice Spring and Summer?  For those of you who endured the arctic temperatures this winter were probably enjoying as many days outside as possible - as I did. Anything over 50-degrees was an invitation to be on a walk. 

Spring - Our son married the most wonderful young lady.  We are so fortunate and blessed to say that we love Tia (and her amazing family).  It's exciting to imagine their future!

The Tia & Curtis Wedding quilt was finished on my part and then sent to a friend that is now a popular (very talented) long-arm quilter - Cindy Little/Canyon Quilting of Hayden, Idaho, for quilting.  I mentioned only that I was going for Hawaiian flowers on the ocean and gave Cindy creative license to quilt it.  I was ecstatic when I saw the work that she did!


















Cindy added ocean waves... so beautiful.



















This is the first time that I've had one of my quilts professionally quilted - what a rush to get it back and have it look and feel like a finished quilt!
Add the binding: and it only took a nano-second to ask the person that taught me to sew, to help with the finishing... my mamma.






No hand-sewing... I showed her how we'd get the binding on by sewing it on to the back of the quilt and folding it over to the front - and essentially top-stitching.






Here it is finished... a Modern quilt.




















Much of Spring was me getting our home ready for company to arrive for the wedding.  When the weekend arrived we welcomed family from all across the country (some we hadn't seen in 'many moons').  As we look back on the wedding, it seemed as though it was a 3-day celebration.  Loved hearing, "Welcome to the Family" again and again!

Two days after the wedding my hubby and I took a plane ride back to the Midwest.  We were driving through Milwaukee when I got a text from my daughter-in-law's mother wanting to get together and have a good cry...Awwww.... this is the beginning of a great friendship.




1 comment:

  1. Great to see your post! Sound like you had a nice wedding. They do keep you busy, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.