March 21, 2014

Owning it.



Now, I don't want you to leave thinking this is my BEST paper-piecing... truth is, this was my first time trying it and later I tried the pattern again with much better results.  I'm just determined to not waste this... so, let's call this Wild, Scrappy & Wonky Jeweled Forest and 'own it'.

It's so close to being done that I'm going to post the progress... almost done!





























Top and bottom borders on the way.
I want to applique something in the corners...






When this is done, I'm gonna hang it up for everyone to see - in the Front room (even though the Christmas holidays are long past). 
We are sure to talk (and laugh) about how wonky the trees are, but I am going to raise a glass and shout out, 'Finished'.  

Enjoy Your Sewing!


4 comments:

  1. Christmas is over, but this quilt makes me think of the Pacific Northwest! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!
      I've got the enlarged blocks going for a 2nd quilts and as I was going through my fabrics I came across some muted colors for yet, another quilt. Funny, I didn't think I'd like paper-piecing!

      Delete
  2. A wonderful Christmas Quilt!

    ༺❤༻
    Herzlichen Gruß und ein schönes Wochenende,
    wünscht dir
    Klaudia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.