May 31, 2011

A Memorial Day Quilt

Did you have a nice Memorial Day weekend?
As we traveled around, I enjoyed seeing all the flags waving!

One of my Quilt-y friends on the HGTV Quilting Forum, hosts a wonderful Patriotic Challenge, this year is the 3rd annual show.  My quilt for the this year's show is an artsy version of our Grand Old Flag, using the 10-minute block by Suzanne McNeill.  I got the idea of using this block after reading an inspirational thread on the HGTV Quilting Forum, 10-Minute Blocks; every quilt that has been shared is unique and beautiful!

This is 54" x 36" (large enough to throw on the back of the couch).
















I think that I will keep this quilt out on the table; there's enough fabric leftover to play with an extra border... officially making this another UFO!


1 comment:

  1. I love it! Great idea to create an artzy Grand Old Flat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.