April 4, 2011

Caution: I Brake for Cute Patterns

 Oh Sew Addicted's  Sling bag pattern had me searching through my fabrics this morning... I have to make this!

Carla's tutorial includes a pretty embroidered block; for now, I just want to follow her instructions (which looks very detailed and easy to follow) and try out the pattern.


I've got some super-cute novelty prints cut out...
Froggies for the outer fabric!





















This print will do, for the lining.


















Wow - That was fast, we have a bag already!
(It took  more time picking out the fabric)





I braided Cotton Fettuccine yarn for the strap...






















Last steps: top-stitch around the top edge and add a button for a closure.





















A big thank you to Carla @ Oh Sew Addicted  for sharing the tutorial.
Be sure to leave her a Hello when you visit her blog!  






1 comment:

  1. Jessica
    The bag is adorable and great idea for a gift. Love the little froggies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.