November 2, 2010

Tuesday with JessicaSews' Fish

I can reveal 2 of the 8 Angelfish that were ordered.   Each of these are made according to the favorite colors of the recipient.  Without knowing too much information about the person that is getting the fish, I work with whimsy & joy!
Some fish had only a few choice colors, while others had as much as 5....that made it fun for me!
I'll include a card with each fish that will include a little color-meaning information, as well as gift-giving traditions, I'm sure that the information will be enjoyed.


The order came in with some fish being similar, the fun part is, they won't be identical...so have fun viewing the differences!  These are ready to be stuffed and finished by adding the "fishing line".   When all of the fish are ready for mailing, I will share a "group" photo.  

The first one is #6  Colors requested: Purple, Blue, Pink



* Dragonfly - hand-dyed lace by 
Nicki Lee's RavioLee Dreams
Includes: Amethyst Glass beads, Variety of Beads, Ribbons and Charms





The second is #7  Colors requested: Ivory, Rose, Green, Purple and Blue





Includes: Amethyst Glass, Variety of Beads and Charms

















These fish were sketched and patterned by me.
I'm going through phases of  "fin looks" and all but one fin design is original work.  After learning how to make a flower from Tom Russell, it didn't take long for me to try them out on the fish.


It's a perfect fit.









Yes!  These fish are 2-sided!

5 comments:

  1. Cute! Cute! Jess you have a such a fun way with fish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis,
    Beautiful!!!!!!!!! Are they 2-sided? I am soooooo excited!
    Christmas is coming!
    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the Fish Charms are 2-sided, but not exactly identical...that makes it more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sis,
    I just love them - they are perfect!
    They will become heirlooms :)
    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful work! The flower is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.