November 6, 2010

Needle Rest

This is #3 project for the November Pincushion Show.
The pattern is from Fat Quarters Shop.  Their pattern is made with a 10" square.


Mine is a mini version, using a 6" square.
Which makes this, a nice needle rest.




















Fat Quarters Shop Homespun Hearts Pincushion Pattern...here.

This pattern makes 2 cushions.  So , I'm adding the picture of the second one.
It's an easy pattern, with a vintage-look.  Perfect for gift-giving!



Speaking of vintage-beauty!
I would like to thank  Sharon b's Pin Tangle  for mentioning my blog in her "have your cuppa java and explore the blogs list!  (I thought if anyone as busy as Sharon can sit down to enjoy blog-hopping, so can I.)   I've been reading the lists as she posts them - they take me down the road of art and often, a word is captured for the day, bringing inspiration. 
Nicki LeeKathy, and friends from the HGTV Quilting/Needlework Message Forum, have been wonderful teachers.  They listed Sharon b's Pin Tangle as a valued resource and I have been a fan ever since.

If you are here for the first time, Welcome!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute, Jess. I love anything with hearts! What do you put inside your pincushions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The directions said to stuff firmly, so I went with cotton.
    They are perfect for gift-giving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this...perhaps stomething to do with the word study. :) Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.