January 1, 2010

Cherish - 2010 - Live

Hello 2010 -
I wanted to end 2009 and start 2010 with the same thought... follow your instincts.















I've followed mine, more, recently and have enjoyed new friendships, been heart-touched many times through the power of prayer and hope that 2010 is... more of the same.



As I did some Christmas shopping, I thought that I had come across some interesting items for one of the DDs...
It was sort of shabby-chic this-n-that's for her apartment...
Had them in my cart for an hour as I toured around the crowded fabric store!













Then, thought I better consider something like a hoodie and warm socks, for her. I bought the newest M'Liss Rae Hawley book, 101 Fabulous FQ Bags, for DD #1.










I got home, daughters got home from shopping; and they wanted me to see what they got. ...stuff to decorate their apartment!
I excused myself from the room and ran back to the store, hoping the items were still there....they were and while I was there, I started the "touring around" again...



Considering the colors that the DDs came home with, this piece of fabric was tempting to buy, mom could put together a coordinated quilt, so I put it in my little basket.
















This big pad of decor paper was beautiful and they give you two or three pieces of each print.
I thought the DDs could share and started imagining them making a "quilty" poster to put on the wall.











Then, I thought...it's a week from Christmas, I don't have time to make a quilt - the girls don't always think "quilty" like I do, so I put the fabric and paper back.















Christmas came and went, one DD flew home. DD #2 was telling me that she loved the shabby-chic items and I confessed to her that there were more items in my basket that I thought she might enjoy, but put them away.

She was intrigued and with that, we were off to the fabric store with the very-slim chance that those items were still there...

They were! And, I started explaining what I thought they would be good for and DD loved the idea, I mean really loved it! Miss L, still, isn't wanting to put a quilt together, but loves picking out the fabric. (Are you kidding me? She's hooked and just doesn't know it!)



The paper-
Here's a few of the many jeweled pages...















Miss L noticed the "braid" possibilities on the cover of the pad.




















She flies down to see her sister soon, they are already planning "creative" time together.


















Note to Self:
Follow your instincts.


















I hope 2010 is good to you!

8 comments:

  1. I wish you a marvelous 2010 filled with many good things to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! You had such lovely ideas, glad the goodies were still at the store when you went back. The paper is gorgeous! Anxious to see what they create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Happy New Year to You and Your Family, Jessica.
    Stay healthy.
    A big hug from far away
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear friends!
    Sending you thoughts and prayers
    for a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog, you are all very welcome!!! It makes me happy to hear that my blog can be an inspiration as far away as the US!

    Karolina

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are welcome Karolina!
    My daughters love your
    "eye for design"!
    Enjoy working on your "dream home"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't go wrong following those instincts! lol These are all just beautiful!

    I've been meaning to stop by for awhile now and thank you for your visit to my blog. Since starting my part-time job, I just don't seem to have enough time in a day for all I want to do. But sure do appreciate your kind comments on my Christmas gifts, and hope you and yours have a healthy and happy 2010! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather....you're just plain busy,girl! Looks like you get a lot done when you sit and sew!!We'll meet up on QWL soon - I've got the next quilt-top planned.
    Then, I might go back to making blocks,seemed like I was sending something more often that way.

    Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.