November 23, 2009

Have you seen Brenda?

I posted on the HGTV Message Board about a bonus pattern in the Fabric Trends Fall issue.
.....started cutting out the vase.













My DDs are excited about this project, you can be as eclectic as you want. You don't even have to worry about sewing in a straight line, in fact...don't. Make it whimsy!


This is by Brenda Pinnick and here's a link to the Flowers & Vase pattern that she's offering us for free.

Flower Vase and Flowers

This is a close-up of her "Pretties"!

.....you could turn those flowers into pins, like Brenda's!


...got our fabrics together. I went up to the store to find black interfacing, I know I've seen it there before - they didn't have it, so we're using fabrics on both sides of the white interfacing.

















We are doing a blanket stitch around our petals. Next time I make this, I'll have my sewing machine! ~The pins are just there to hold our petals in place while we finish sewing~












The inside will be scattered prints, just as the outside.





















We added snaps so that this can "wrap" a vase, candle-holder, or candlestick.
....working on some fabric flowers now.




2 comments:

  1. oh, this is going to be adorable!!!
    I can't wait to see it finished!
    xxoo
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda...DD (Tara) has come up with great greens for this. We lost the light of the day, so we'll take pictures tomorrow.
    This'l be pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.