September 4, 2009

The Fair, The Quilts!

I wasn't sure where the building was that housed the quilts, so I wandered around a bit first.
This was Youth Competing day and it was fascinating to watch these kids control, answer questions from the judge and show their animals. I was so impressed!


So, I checked out the other competitions....






















The piggies were all the rage. As the competition was going, and I do mean on-going (You can't control a pig) - I ventured over to the pens.  I was told that it wasn't the biggest pig!


















This guy was.   Why he this-big??

















.....a little smile!


















On to the Zoo barn.























Made me nervous!

















Cute!















"moo"

















And, then I found the quilts.

I've sized the pictures to that you can get a close-up..... just click on them.

















a couple close-ups of the flowers, they are beautiful.



















































































































































































































































































4 comments:

  1. so many wonderful quilts...i especially like the bugs! there are several for inspiration, thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to look at quilts up for show. Thursday went with a friend to a quilt display with quilts from the 1800's and early 1900. It was one persons collection. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, Kathy....that would have been great to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.