August 26, 2009

You know how it is.....

We did the hugs, sobs, hugs......waving.
As soon as the kids rolled out for their new homes, I wanted to leave too.
Instinctively looking around for things that might have been left behind, I started to look at our home..... the place we raised our kids.
I've not hollered out, "Dinner" in years, I wisely replaced that, with bells, when we bought this house.
The bells are quiet, the house is quiet and I can't wait for the holidays.








I wandered around the fabric store, got a bit more purples to finish the crazy quilt blocks.















Blue Moon Beading was on sale and I really liked the Chinese coins.




















Buying this remnant taught me something, I've never paid attention to the measurement; if it "felt" like enough fabric in the roll, I'd buy it. But, Joann's actually has a chart up that tells you how much is in the remnant, that being said..... this was better than a fat-quarter for little over a $1.















I picked blueberries today, oddly, there was just enough for one person. Well, I am the only one here...

5 comments:

  1. Summer has a way of slipping away, doesn't it? Those holidays will be here in a flash though..... Love your bells. I have one like the one on the right but don't know its history, do you? Great CQ finds, Jes. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, mmmm good! Rob and I picked another ton of blueberries while kayaking a few weeks ago - have enough to last through the winter. I've got some blueberry cobbler in the oven as I type - how about you bring over the vanilla ice cream and we have a blueberry party?

    Oh - love oyur bells too! I have 5 cow bells that were Rob's fathers when is was a boy - every once in a hwile you just gotta ring them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, Okay - I had tears in my eyes after reading your last entry. My grand idea is to have a "Kennedy" like compound, so all our families can be together. We could have a "Barn" for our crafts and arts. Oh, and a "Cow Bell" to ring when it's time to create!
    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute bells and I wish I could give you a big hug. If the plans are to get together for Thanksgiving, start counting down the days. It will be here before we know it.

    I just don't know where the summer has gone. It sure has been unsual but great weather. This morning the temp was 47 according to the weather channel. I don't have a gauge outside because I don't really want to know how cold it is. Rumor has it we are getting a lot of snow this year.:( I think they said that last year and were wrong. YAY!!! I hope they are wrong this year too. Can you tell I hate the cold. :)

    Your blueberries look yummy. Good for you too.

    You got some great bargins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You All for posting, it was wonderful to return and find happy words from family and friends!

    I'm looking for a "Quilting Retreat" piece of property!!!!!!! There was one that was perfect, except the drive was a bit too long.....so we keep looking. Hubby is totally supportive of the idea! I'd invite our favorite Quilters from Simply Quilts to teach!

    The knot in my tummy is starting to feel better! Everyone is reporting that they are busy, busy, busy!.....that's good to this mom's ear!

    So, I'll go look for berries and share what I've gotten done in the last week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.