March 14, 2009

It's Still My Favorite Pattern

The Cathedral Window

This is using the technique from the book, Machine-Stitched Cathedral Windows by Shelley Swanland.









































































Time to quilt it.

















If you are considering a Cathedral Window project, I recommend this technique!  Shelley was a guest on Simply Quilts and I was in awe of how she came up with a way to do these windows on the sewing machine.  I  immediately bought the book!  Once you get the rhythm down, it's quick and fun to do.
If you get stuck on a Step, as I did on my first Window, I suggest you contact Shelley. I did and I received a wonderful email  from her (which I printed out and is now my bookmark!). 









Once you get the rhythm down, it's easy to do.
I've already made several projects, including the beautiful Gothic Windows.

 Shelley now has a blog:

9 comments:

  1. That's absolutely beautiful. I Immediately went ot Shelly's blog to see her machine method with no luck. I love yours, you done a great job and the fabrics you chose are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! You have a lot more patience than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, Jes. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I like how you showed the progress all in one post! Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jes! You have sure been busy! Sorry to hear about your cousin...what a beautiful memorial art quilt you made for her.
    Thanks so much for the Brandywine seeds! We have 2 amana plants, no fruit yet, but they are healthy and about a foot high so far. It's been a great season for tomatoes! This week, we strung up our shade cloth, soon it will be the start of the hot weather. I know, you guys in the snow are ready for some of it! :)
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jessica,
    Great example of my Beginning CW Workshop and you never took the class. My daughter had a boyfriend who was a videographer and then they broke up. If I had a quarter for everyone who wanted a video.....but someday I will. Thank you for all of your support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cathedral quilts bring back memories! I think the pillow was the only project that I finished - or - did I finish? It's been too long!
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful, Jes! I really enjoy seeing your projects and reading your blog. It has such a comforting feeling to it. Just sorry I don't find the time to stop in more often! ;o)

    So very sorry to hear of the loss of your cousin. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. You did a great job. Love the colors & design.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.