January 13, 2009

Cabin Quilt for QWL ......coming along



A patchwork in progress.






























Wiley and I combined our fabrics for another QWL quilt-top.





























Applique shapes from Quiltmaker Mar/Apr 03
Jean Wells & Lawry Thorn's Wild Woods














Adding the green border today and then it's done.

Quilt Top Finished.
A Pacific NorthWest-looking Patchwork quilt.















My goal is 3 quilt tops for this Challenge. The next top is a Charm quilt.
For information about the wonderful group known as QWL,
visit here: http://www.quiltswithlove.org/

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Jes! Love the Cabin Quilt! I came by way of your link in a QWL post. If you don't mind, I'd like to add you to my blog list! Funny, I had just finished a post about QWL on my blog when I read your email. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather!
    Welcome to snowy Idaho!
    Thank you - I got the appliques done tonight and will post new pictures. It's perfect for camping, when the recipient of the quilt comes home!

    I have your wonderful blog up and OMG.....the first thing I want to mention is the dolls for the girls! I had a dream the other night of dolls almost identical to those! I woke up and sketched them out, they had wings, but were the same size as yours. Your dolls are so sweet!

    Your quilts are beeeautiful! I've ooo'd and aaa'd them all. You've got a great eye for color combination.

    I'm so glad to hear from you!
    QWL is a wonderful group and I love the Challenges. This is the first year that I'm doing quilt-tops instead of sending in blocks. ......being Brave!

    I'll hop over to your blog
    and say Hello!
    ~ Jes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for ALL the kind compliments, Jes. You sure know how to make someone's day. ;o)

    Hope you don't mind, but... tag, you're it! I just tagged you at my blog. Want to play along?

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a fun tag - I had to look at what my 4th picture was, curiosity got me! Of course it's buttons, I'm a Buttonaholic (spell-check didn't like that!)
    Enjoy Sewing!
    ~ Jes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.