December 30, 2008

2008 Ends with a Snow Mix

2008 started out this way.

And now, January pales in comparison, to December.
Breaking all records - 6ft of snow in 20 days.

I stopped to rest and saw our raincatcher - a picture that needs no words!












I Like Snow When, it's light and powdery, when it comes in 2" to 4" inches at a time, 2 weeks apart, when it doesn't stick to the shovel.

We've named one of the shovels "Useless".

"I'd rather be gardening!"














One last Christmas tree picture.














The lovely thing about blogging, is sharing a bit of home comforts,
hence the Pumpkin Roll Recipe.  Yumm!


It's from Southernfoods:












There was lots of canned pumpkin leftover from the 1 lb can, so I made the recipe again, but just as a cake (seen here).
Instead of just using 2/3 cup pumpkin, I dumped all of the leftover pumpkin into the batter.
Baked it for about 30 minutes....it was like eating pumpkin pie!


Enjoy celebrating New Year's
I hope you are all blessed with a
safe and happy new year.
~ Jes

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    almost a few ours left this year I sent You my best wishes for 2009, first of course health and many luck, may all Your wishes become true.
    Greetings from frosty Germany without snow ;-( in the nothern part
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the egg layed in the snow!

    I hope you and your family have a wonderfully peaceful and joyful 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Jes!! I hope you and your family are blessed with only the best of everything in 2009.

    http://www.patricklose.net/online/2009!.html

    The snow looks beautiful and I hope it's not getting oppressive. It looks like you had a wonderful holiday season :)

    Cheers and Happy 2009!

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jessica,

    hope you have a happy new year too.

    Thanks for your comment.

    Greetings from Hannover

    Anett

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's already January 3rd!
    The days are taken up moving snow
    and while moving snow, I'm inventing
    ways to move the snow - like a snow slide!
    We're good here, glad to hear
    from you all!
    Happy New Years!

    I'm planning to take pictures of the neighbor's chickens! Silly birds, they like being on top of the coop, out in the snow! I thought I heard them "complaining" about the cold, but it wasn't that at all, they were laying eggs and wanted everyone to come see! Mmmmm....good eggs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.