October 18, 2008

When Quilt Artists Inspire.....

Dena Crain: Artist/Teacher in Kenya
I loved reading this blog. The quilts are stunning; and reading the background stories of the quilts are touching.  Imagine hippos in the yard or picture beautiful flowers, such as the Persian Carpet Flower.  It's just a snippet of Dena's world in Africa.

This is our Blueberry bush. As the temperatures have changed, the green leaves have changed to a beautiful fire-red.  I have a piece of batik in this color, so I'm going to make Dena's Calligraph Pinwheel using Fall colors.











































The family loved this pattern, it reminded them of rivers flowing.

















Just beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jes!
    Amana orange tomato seeds arrived safe and sound :)
    Thanks so much! Will post progress on my blog.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam,
    Excellent! Have fun in your garden! I'll be watching for your "garden pictures"!
    And, if I can find the Brandywine seeds, I'll share...they are tasty too.

    Oh, I sure love the "growing season"
    ~ Jes

    ReplyDelete
  3. This block design is so gorgeous. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.