September 8, 2008

Strings Revisited.....Weaving


So, I'm playing with the fabric strings tonight.
Got this crazy idea of weaving them together for a mat.















These are uneven strings, so I'm going to do a zig-zag across the board. I already tried to iron back the edges, but with these skinny strings, it's too much work.
















The back is a felt square. And, why not - I've got a pile of 'em, time to use them!
Rotary cut-away the extras....

















.....add the binding.

















This is done!

















Another done.

2 comments:

  1. Very creative! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm not as prolific as you, but then that's part of the joy of quilting...we can do what we want at our own pace, and have fun along the way. Enjoy your projects! I'll be checking back in to see what else you're up to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elsie!

    I've enjoyed reading your blog -
    it's a wonderful mix of family and quilting!
    The "look" of your blog is really pretty!

    Check in here anytime!
    This blogging has been so great for my family to "see" what's happening since we're all living in different areas of the country!

    I'll be checking in on you too!
    Enjoy Sewing & Your Family,
    ~ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.