July 1, 2008

The Raffle is today!


It's been a long wait, but it is finally here.

The quilts get a new home!

We'll hear how much monies were raised
for the Ronald McDonald House Charities,
so far it's over $1,500.










Congratulations to those that won a quilt!
Thank you, Thearica, for creating an amazing
quilt event!
I am so happy for the Ronald McDonald House,
that will be the recipient of the monies, and the Families
that will ultimately benefit from all the Love
that was poured into these quilts!


And....this surprise from the HGTV Msg Board! Posted by Quiltaholic:
Since I had not given the date of my guild meeting and it was posted at last minute, I waited for the remaining quilts to come in before we went to Gastonia for the drawing to post this information. I felt I owed it to the other quilt makers since everyone put their time, money, and talents into making the quilts for the raffle.

Every quilt is a WINNER and I really wish I could issue a prize for each and every one but my pocketbook won't allow it. It was a very hard decision trying to decide on 1st - 3rd place winners but the decision was finally made:

Creative Thinking Award: Jessicasews

Attention To Detail Award: Holee

Artistic Thinking Award: Pecasatwo


Thank You!!
I applaud each and every quilt that was made:
...the colors,
...the blending of fabrics
...the creativity!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
And now, even more great news!
We won a quilt!
Rondiquilt's Life is Like a Bowl of Buttered Popcorn!

We are so happy!
Can't wait for quilt to arrive - it's going to be right-at-home with us.
Thank You, Rondi - it is a beautiful quilt!





There's another post of this pretty quilt here:
The Life is Like a Bowl of Buttered Popcorn




A link to see all the quilts from the Challenge
is here: Quiltaholic's Photo Album.

2 comments:

  1. I thought your quilt was so neat when I first seen it. Very creative and a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, it was sure a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.