January 6, 2008

Old shirts become New quilts...

What can I say about taking discarded shirts and turning them into quilts... you've done this already!   
This is my first time raiding the closets...


I grabbed a bagful of my son's shirts and made the most blocks possible from each shirt; that sort of explains the unusual block size.















My son is tall (he's 6' 5"), so I was really happy when I ended up with a large-sized quilt for him.















I'm tempted to do more of these... now that I know what it's like to work with fabric that has been laundered many times, I will iron on some interfacing at the start, and by doing so, I could play up the pattern... say a block in a block?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.