January 6, 2008

Candle Mat Idea

Here's an idea for using store-bought doilies. 

Choose a fabric for the front, cut out batting for the middle...


If you have scallops to work with, just cut your front fabric a 1/4" larger for turning under.









Using the large doily as the back fabric.  Simply pin the pieces together, and you have a nice project that you can work on while watching t.v. or traveling.



I hand-quilted, starting in the center and working my way out.

 
This is double the size of a coffee coaster, so that's why I'm calling it a candle mat.  I even thought of placing a large glass bowl or vase on it.

Depending on the fabric that you choose, this can really be gorgeous or maybe you'd like to play up a theme.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting. I enjoy your comments and have made it possible for you to post even though you might not be a blogger. In order to keep 'spam' down, I will preview all comments and publish them as quickly as possible.